Thursday 21 July 2016

Replicated Biscuits

Today I tried out my new biscuit cutter, I have wanted a Star Trek biscuit cutter for a while now and came across one on EBay the other day, it was a cheap price so I had to have it!!
I didn't take a picture if the cutter but I'm sure from the picture of the biscuits you can tell what it is like.
DSCN0253
I only did three red and blue ones because the icing i had was pre-made and very thick so I just decided to make my own icing with the yellow back ground.

I made the biscuits from a basic biscuit dough but instead of using vanilla essence I thought I would try almond essence. I put quite a lot of almond essence in the dough mix but I didn't think I could tell the difference from a biscuit made with vanilla. Maybe I will try one dough with almond and another with vanilla next time to see if I can taste the difference. I also put a little almond essence in the icing just for good measure. Because the cutter was small I made around 60 biscuits in total. I took them to work and my colleagues really liked them. My arms were killing by the time I'd finished baking so I don't think I'll be making any more for a couple of weeks.
DSCN0250
Sorry for the boring post but I just had to share.
I swear my whole life doesn't revolve around Star Trek. Although I wish I lived on the Enterprise or Deep Space Nine very often.
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment